Saturday, June 29, 2013

Castle Day

This is going to be a relatively short post tonight friends.  I have been up late the past two nights doing these posts and then getting up early to start out another day.  Add to that the fact that I haven't been getting my afternoon naps with Buddy, well you get the picture.

We started out bright and early to go see Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles, back in Germany.  After seeing the sun trying to burn through the clouds when I woke up, I was disappointed that it was heavily overcast when we took off.   By the time we got to the castles, it had
begun to rain.  The drizzle continued pretty much all day, but we got our guided tours of both castles.  The hardest part was getting there; these old castles were always built on high ground, so the walk to them is uphill.  We made it though, in spite of the elements and I think the only casualties were an umbrella or two that got turned inside out.

We made the walks though, and the interiors of these castles were spectacular!  Very opulent, the first built by Mad King Ludwig II's father, and his
own, which took 17 years to build, and that he
only lived in for about half a year before he died.
Neuchwanstein (the white one) was also the inspiration for Disney's castle.  Just so you know, photos were not allowed inside either castle, but I have inside information that some spy shots may exist and I should have access to them.  Just ask when I get home.

Well I have to get up early and I have to repack my bag before bedtime, so I'm going to sign off for the night.  Thanks for reading, folks...I'll be posting more soon.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pictures!!! Looks like ur having fun!

    ReplyDelete