Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our National Bird

No, not that one! It slipped my mind Sunday night when I blogged, but Sunday morning, as I was driving, I saw a Bald Eagle! What a spectacular raptor! It was about 10:00 am as I drove along M-71 past Vernon, MI...he was just floating along, riding the breezes, barely even having to flap his wings, and probably only 60-70 feet off the ground. I have only seen a few of these majestic birds in the wild, so it was really a thrill for me even though I was only able to watch hin for a few seconds. I can hardly imagine that they were nearly extinct just a couple of decades ago and have now rebounded so heartily. I'm sure glad we humans got it together on this score and quit polluting their environment (and ours) so that the resiliance of nature could take over and preserve the species.

No comments:

Post a Comment