Saturday, October 10, 2026

Wertheim, Germany

 Sorry I haven’t posted in a couple of days. I didn’t have much positive to share, as we had to change ships due to low water level in the Rhine River. It was a real bummer because we had to miss the part of the cruise I was most looking forward to…the castles in the Rhine Gorge. I was planning on getting a lot of photos there and it was the reason I brought my big camera with me. Instead we spent all day on a bus and drove right past all the sights I had my heart set on, getting only quick glimpses through the trees. 

Anyway, we’ve been on the new ship for 2 nights. It’s ok but all the people in our group whom I have talked with agree that the first (older) ship was more comfortable and we liked it better. 

We just docked in the village of Wertheim and we’ll have a walking tour and free time to explore this morning, then a visit with some locals are arranged for the afternoon. It should be interesting. There’s also a castle to visit before we sail again this evening. 

Auf  Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you missed the castles, hope you have special times today!

    ReplyDelete