Saturday, May 29, 2010

Drat! Foiled again!

So I was just getting things finalized in my own little mind...just about to choose a date of departure, and then I got another variable thrown at me. I was approached about building a machine of my own design, and the idea is totally intruiging and I am getting excited about going forward with it, but it throws an element of uncertainty into my trip planning. I may bump my original date forward by a week or so in order to get back and start building. I'm sure after going on this trip and traveling for several weeks my bank account will be ready for the replenishment that will take place after building this machine, too!
On another score, using my trip as motivation to get some of the chores completed that need to be done before I go has been working out well. I've been making better progress, although my physical training has suffered--I don't think I've hiked in about 2 weeks, and haven't spent much time on the bike either. Life is all about compromises, right?

1 comment: