Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Cairns!

Another short post today.  I got off the train this afternoon just about right on schedule.  20 hours sure is a long train ride, but at least it was roomier than a plane.  Sleeping was a bit of a challenge, but I caught a lot of little catnaps today to make up for the deep sleep I missed out on last night.

Anyway, I'm here and checked into my B&B.  The hosts are very friendly and are booking agents for all the activities in town.  We've already booked the Skyrail trip to Kuranda for tomorrow.  I'll be picked up in front of the apartment at 8:15, board the gondolas that take me over the rainforest. There are stops along the way for photos, etc. and then Iget off at Kuranda.   It's kind of a hippie/artist community with arts and crafts shops and all the usual tourist stuff.  Then I'll board the Kuranda Railway for the trip back to the city and get off at the same terminal I just de-trained at this afternoon. Time to go get some dinner now.  G'day mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment