Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Santa Fe

We spent 2 nights here so that we would have time to explore the city a bit, as well as catching up on our laundry.  We visited the Georgia O'Keeffe museum; after visiting Ghost Ranch it was interesting to see some of the paintings the place inspired.  I gotta say though, that I don't understand abstract art.  That's not to say I didn't find it interesting, just that I don't get it.  I guess I'm just too shallow a guy for that!
There were lots of art galleries in the area of the museum and we wandered through several of them.  One thing became very clear to me, and that's that I am too poor to be a collector of fine art.  Holy crap!  Everything is just so expensive, but we saw some truly beautiful stuff.  I can always find painting that speak to me but what really jumped out at me was some of the furniture (mostly lamps and tables) made out of wood that grows in the desert.  The pieces were all so bent and twisted by Mother Nature, then crafted into usable pieces by truly talented people...impressive!
Well. it't time to start packing things up and heading out on 66 again.  Good bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment