Monday, June 23, 2014

Another Travel Day...

...this time to Madrid.  We got up and got moving early, onto a bullet train from Barcelona to Madrid.  This the fastest I have ever moved on land...30 km/hr...roughly 187 mph!  The ride was smooth as silk, and we had a picnic on the train.  Unbelievable!

There was a tour of the Royal Palace this afternoon but I had a hard time enjoying it because I woke up an hour before my alarm this morning.  After that was a couple of hours of free time before a group dinner.  And what a dinner it was!  First course: chorizo, cured pork loin, cured beef (sliced very thin), Manchedo cheese.

Well Google is not cooperating.  I was going to post pics of the meal, but I guess I will have to type it.  2nd course was salad; romaine lettuce, steamed red pepper, bonita (fish), green olives, and a wonderful vinagrette dressing.

3rd course; Spanish mushrooms, sliced very thin and sauteed, had a beefy flavor, very good.

4th course: Spanish tortilla...a potato fritatta served with a wonderful tomato asuce.

5th course: Sea salt crusted beefsteak, medium, served with steak fries. (Melts in your mouth!)

Dessert: Chocolate! This was a cross between fudge, ice cream, and tiramisu...delicious!  All washed down with red wine...more to come tomorrow.  Adios!










1

1 comment:

  1. Umm what a meal, you going to be able to fit in those jeans when you get back, JK..the scenery looks amazing. Why not any photos of you? Don't think I would like baked beans for breakfast, the beach of course would be my favorite thing. Hope your having an amazing time!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete