Monday, July 12, 2010

I've moved




Okay folks, it's Monday the 12th and I've moved my campsite to a KOA in West Glacier. It's a pretty nice place--even has trees! I've never been a big fan of KOA because they are usually just carved out of some farmer's field, but this one was built in a woods.
I did a 12 mile hike to Medicine Grizzley Lake yesterday that taxed me a bit. I was huffin' and puffin' more than once on the hills and plenty tired by the time I made it back to my van at the trailhead. The lake itself probably wasn't worth the hike, but it was more about the journey than the destination. It was a nice little lake, surrounded on three sides by mountains that all had streams and waterfalls feeding the lake, which in turn fed a stream that I parallelled most of the way in. On the way out, I got rained on for about 3 miles, but guess what--I didn't melt!

1 comment:

  1. The mountains look beautiful Tim! What kind of plant do you have pictured here? I hope you are having a GREAT time!!!

    ReplyDelete