Saturday, July 24, 2010

The potato has landed!







I'm home! I left Gillette, WY on Wednesday and headed to Devil's Tower. It is a very cool sight and the sheer size is hard to describe. It's one heck of a monolith shoved up out of the earth, and to put it into perspective, I'm posting a pic of a climber to show just how big those vertical troughs really are. Of course I think the climbers are nuts, but that's beside the point.



I then drove to Rapid City, SD so I could check out Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Monument, and it was there I reached my saturation point for dealing with people. It seemed that everywhere I turned, somebody wanted my money and I was fed up with all the other A-holes on the road. The ones that really grind my butt are the ones driving foreign cars, all decorated up with patriotic themed bumper stickers...grrr! It was time to come home. I got up Thursday and hit the road, not stopping for anything but gas and food, etc. until I got past Chicago, almost 1,000 miles later. I grabbed a couple hours of sleep in the van in a truck stop parking lot and hit it again for home. Needless to say I was extremely happy to see our little town of Durand. Showering and sleeping in my own house was great!



I had a great vacation, but it is nice to come home too! Needless to say I don't think anyone will be particularly interested in reading about my day-to-day activities now that I'm home, so the blog is going on indefinite hiatus--maybe I'll restart it for my next vacation. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment