Friday, July 16, 2010

Kintla Lake




When I first conceived of the idea of this trip and began researching, one of the places that I thought looked most beautiful, and that I needed to make a point of seeing was Kintla Lake. Today I managed to get there, although it took a long time, driving over washboard roads at 10-15 mph and sometimes having to crowd off the road to pass oncoming traffic. It was a very primitive roadway, but the lake and the area around was well worth the drive. I didn't hike too long, maybe only 2 or 2 1/2 miles, because I wanted to see Bowman Lake too, since I was in the area, and the 12 mile detour would take another hour for sure. Unfortunately, there was a huge tree down near Bowman and there was no way I could get to the lake without parking the van and hiking in. Then the van would have been in the way of the tree crew that was trying to clear the way for the people on the other side, so it was a no-go for me.


I did manage to find the answer to an age-old question: "Does a wild bear shit in the woods?" I have photographic evidence which I am posting here that yes, indeed, they do shit in the woods (or on the trail, or the road, or wherever they want to--I mean, who's gonna stop them?). Have a good day, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment