Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Montana!




After 2 days of steady driving, I entered Montana yesterday. The first day was rain from the time I crossed the Macinac Bridge until I parked for the night in western Wisconsin. Yesterday consisted of passing through Minnesota (very pretty state--rolling hills and lots of lakes) and North Dakota (very flat, but with a 75 mph speed limit). I did make a detour in ND though, to see what they called the "Enchanted Highway". A local artist has done some huge metal sculptures (30-50 feet tall--I'm posting a pic of the one visible from I-94) and they are stationed along a 30 mile stretch of desolate road to bring tourist dollars into their town. I thought it was a pretty novel idea, as they really attract a lot of attention.
I also stopped at Painted Canyon Visitor's Center at Theodore Roosevelt National Park and snapped a few pics.
I plan to get to Glacier today and get a base camp set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment