Saturday, July 17, 2010

They have waterfalls in Montana







Go figure, huh? Today I took it kind of easy, going to see 2 waterfalls, neither of which were major hikes, but the new thing is that I used the park shuttle system. It's a system of large and small buses that run specified routes (only the small buses go up to Logan Pass from the west), so there were several transfers for me to get where I needed to go, but it allowed me to see more of the scenery than I have been able to up until now. I even saw a trail I think I would like to try Sunday if my hike with the local couple doesn't work out. I'm still waiting to hear back from them if the Huckleberry Lookout hike is still a go.



While I was waiting for my bus transfer on the way back today, a wedding party showed up at Logan Pass. It seems thay were going to hike up to the Hidden Lake overlook to get married, then ski down afterwards. From what I hear, it's a fairly common occurrence here, but it sure struck me as bizarre to see the bride in her white gown pulling on ski boots and carrying her skis! Check out the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment