Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sydney

Today was my first full day in Sydney.  I arrived yesterday at my accommodations in Bondi Beach and met my host.  She's a yoga instructor and an entrepreneur as well and a very nice individual.  She had friends coming over for dinner and invited me to stay and eat with them.  I did and had a nice time.  The first picture is of the residential area near Bondi Beach.  Looking across the water at it, it reminds me of the Cinque Terre on the coast of Italy, the way they are stacked one on top of the other, and I think the similar colors play a part in that too.
The weather didn't look promising this morning, but I took off to go the the Art Gallery of New South Wales.  By the time I got out of there, the clouds were burning away and I took a walk through the Botanical Gardens on my way to the Opera House.  The Harbor Bridge just happened to be right there too and I really enjoyed seeing them.  By the way, the castle looking building is the Conservatory of Music and is located nest to the Gardens.  I thought it was interesting enough to post.
On the advice of a guy I met on my flight here yesterday, I took the ferry over to Manly Beach and spent the afternoon sightseeing, returning to Sydney right at dusk.  That allowed me to take a few great pictures of the Opera House by the last light of the day and from the water side.  Very cool.  I'm posting a shot below for your enjoyment.
This was another insane walking day for  me.  My phone tells me I took over 35,000 steps and covered about 14 miles.  My toes are blistered and I am tired, so I am going to cut this short.  G'day Mates!



No comments:

Post a Comment