Monday, September 12, 2016

Travel day

I woke up with an ear worm this morning, so I'll share..."I'm leaving on a jet plane, Don't know when I'll be back again".  There, that should do it!
I'm just making a quick post today because I have a few minutes before I have to leave to get to the airport.  Yesterday I visited the Queensland Rail Museum, housed in a facility that Queensland Rail used (and still does, but on a very limited basis), to build and repair locomotives and other rolling stock. Nowadays it is strictly for repairs and restoration, but the tour I took was very informative and interesting.  And the shop environment was of special interest to me; I saw some equipment similar to pieces I used in my career as a fabricator and die maker.  And I'll be coming home with all kinds of ideas for things we can do in our little museum, especially to help flesh out the Science and Technology portions and make it more educational for kids.  Watch out Mike Boudro!
Well I had better finish my packing, because it's on to Sydney today.  G'day mates!



No comments:

Post a Comment